Friday, June 22, 2007

Peace

I wanted to write this down before I forgot. Last week, I was on my way somewhere (I don't remember where) to take care of some business. I was by myself driving, listening to Kirk trying to build up my faith with each lyric. When all of the sudden there was a car coming up on my left getting ready to pass me. In the back seat was a little boy, he couldn't have been more than 3 yrs old, with his window down. As his car passed mine, he looked me in the eye and stuck his fingers out the window and gave me the peace sign. I did not think much of it right then, in fact I quickly glanced away, but then our cars were next to each other at the following stop light, and he deliberately did it again. The second time, I caught it. I felt that refreshing breath of life breathe into my weary lungs. I felt in that moment as if God was telling me to be at peace. This little boy was so little, yet the look he gave me was so intense, it was if his tiny little 1 inch peace sign was just for me. He made me smile, and then we all drove away. I was reminded in that very instant that the Lord knows exactly what we are going through every minute of every day. He know my sitting down from my standing up. He knows when we are feeling bad, and when we are feeling great. I was sooo thankful to God, because He let me know that He sees me, and He has not forgotten me, and that yes, everything was going to be ok. No matter how long it takes. If I just continue to follow Him... And believe you me, I will follow Him all the days of my life. Nothing could separate me from my God. Nothing.
Romans 8:37-39

No comments: